Skirt reconstructions…

In my last post I talked about repurposing and I’ve done a couple more upcycle projects since then.  I had a couple of skirts that I’d been holding on to for repurposing and so I just lined them and made them into simple tote bags. I love how the pockets on one of the skirts are functional for the outside of the bag as well. 

image

image
image
image
image

image
image
image
image

Advertisements

Repurposed with a purpose…

I enjoy repurposing…I can’t stand to let a good piece of clothing or fabric go when I could surely see myself using it for “something” even though I may not quite know what! It ends up resulting in a lot of space being taken up by future “projects” lol. I decided I’d to get one done not too long ago with a pair of pinstriped capri’s. I get a lot of hand me downs, and I frequent area yard and garage sales. But these were really cute and sadly, did not fit me. I had high hopes to fit into them one day, but those hopes did not seem to be materializing any time soon (sigh)…so I had been wanting to make a vendor apron for a while. In my recent gift of fabric from my dear Aunt, there was a cute contrasting yellow fabric I thought would match well…so off I went.

SAMSUNG

It’s a pretty basic vendor apron. I have one large pocket, one smaller side pocket. The larger pocket has an inner zipper pocket for cash or secret stash. And then I added the contrasting pen pocket on the outside. I think it came out okay. It was my first one, and I was pretty much winging it with no pattern, just sewing and cutting and cutting and sewing. But overall, I’m happy with it. Repurposed with a purpose. I love giving new life into something that otherwise may have been wasted. =)

SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

SAMSUNG

Goliath’s throne…

So I had another custom request, from the friend who I made the custom couch cover for.  She wanted to cover an ottoman that her dog, Goliath, used as his seat in the house.  His seat was covered in a blanket that could easily be removed and washed because on occassion, Goliath had little accidents.  Here is his seat before:

Image

So my friend went and picked up a shower curtain in hopes of protecting the ottoman a bit, and she gave it to me and asked for a cover.  No problem!  I had a little time to measure and sketch and then off i went.

The shower curtain “fabric” wasn’t hard to work with, but not like regular fabric either.  Anyway, I just went with a simple square cover design with piping, to match the rest of the living room decor that I helped with.

Image

Image

ImageImageImageImage

Because I wasn’t able to fit it on the cushion before finishing and I didn’t want to risk my elastic not fitting well…i opted for a drawstring (ribbon) instead.  That way, she could slip the cover on, and tie the ribbon so that it would fit snug onto the cushion.

I was very happy with this piece, AND the best part ~ another happy customer!!  Love the pet project since I can’t have a dog =(…my hubby is allergic, boo.

Goliath on his throne…

Image