Pretty pink…

Pink is not usually my thing. But I was given this simple paisley looking print fabric and I had this pink tank top on hand. The goal was to make two dresses this day, but well…yah. Even though it was just a simple tube dress, I was – as usual – just dragging my behind. I don’t know what my problem is lately, seriously! Anyway, the second dress I want to make is out of this awesome stretchy striped fabric, so gotta figure that one out.
SAMSUNG

Anyhow, as I said, it was all very simple. I love using everything, so I get the long tanks – this way I can make two dresses out of them. I cut the tank top in half. I turn the bottom half around and use that as a tube dress or top, and the top piece as a tank dress or top.
SAMSUNG

Then it was just a matter of cutting the skirt part, I cut the diagonal cause I like my skirts to flare out a little rather than be fitted and straight at the bottom..(I ended up cutting a deeper diagonal than pictured, I always start off so conservatively lol..such a chicken)
SAMSUNG

Then it was just finishing the top and bottom hems, and sewing elastic to the top – and attaching it to the cut side of the tube. I then insert elastic into the already hemmed part of the tank. (Turned the bottom of the tank to the top and slid elastic into the original hem and hand sewed the hole closed). Voila!
SAMSUNG

pink4

Now I just have to get to all those projects and ideas I have piled up there on the side. And imagine, those are only the things that didnt fit into my sewing cabinet there! Yikes. Too many ideas and so little time (energy!). Until me and my sewing machine meet again…

pink1

Will be posted soon and reclassified into the FOR SALE category once I get my photo shoot done!

Advertisements

Goliath’s throne…

So I had another custom request, from the friend who I made the custom couch cover for.  She wanted to cover an ottoman that her dog, Goliath, used as his seat in the house.  His seat was covered in a blanket that could easily be removed and washed because on occassion, Goliath had little accidents.  Here is his seat before:

Image

So my friend went and picked up a shower curtain in hopes of protecting the ottoman a bit, and she gave it to me and asked for a cover.  No problem!  I had a little time to measure and sketch and then off i went.

The shower curtain “fabric” wasn’t hard to work with, but not like regular fabric either.  Anyway, I just went with a simple square cover design with piping, to match the rest of the living room decor that I helped with.

Image

Image

ImageImageImageImage

Because I wasn’t able to fit it on the cushion before finishing and I didn’t want to risk my elastic not fitting well…i opted for a drawstring (ribbon) instead.  That way, she could slip the cover on, and tie the ribbon so that it would fit snug onto the cushion.

I was very happy with this piece, AND the best part ~ another happy customer!!  Love the pet project since I can’t have a dog =(…my hubby is allergic, boo.

Goliath on his throne…

Image